01 Jul MINI Cooper Auto Repair in Upland, CA at Taylor Co BMW + MINI
MINI Cooper drivers are passionate about their cars, and even a single day in the shop is one too many. Keeping up with MINI factory scheduled maintenance prevents minor issues from turning into major catastrophes.
You can track the most critical maintenance tasks through the MINI Maintenance System display in your car. This feature gives you up-to-the-minute information on the status of your engine oil, front brake pads, rear brake pads, and brake fluid. It also indicates when you should take your MINI in for a comprehensive check.
Choose shops with a reputation for providing the best customer service, so that you can count on quality work at a fair price. Your authorized MINI dealer or independent automotive shop in Upland, CA specializing in MINI repair and maintenance will handle completion of the following routine maintenance tasks:
- Inspect tires for tread depth, wear pattern, and outer condition
- Adjust tire pressures and reset Tire Pressure Monitor
- Change the engine oil and oil filter
- Replace ventilation microfilter at every second oil change (approximately 20,000 miles)
- Replace intake air cleaner at every fourth oil change (approximately 40,000 miles)
- Replace spark plugs at every sixth oil change (approximately 60,000 miles)
- Check parking brake functionality
- Replace brake pads as needed and clean brake pad contact points
- Check the surface and thickness of brake discs
- Check brake connections and lines for leaks, damage, and correct positioning
- Check for damage, leaks, and corrosion on or around the transmission, axles, fuel lines, and exhaust system
- Replace brake fluid as needed
- Replace Oxygen Sensor at approximately 120,000 miles
Staying on top of these standard maintenance activities can dramatically prolong the life of your car. Remember that the traditional method of basing maintenance on a pre-determined time period or a pre-set number of miles isn’t always effective. Driving conditions are just as important as the number of miles your MINI has traveled.
If you are a city driver, and your MINI makes a lot of short trips in stop and go traffic, consider more frequent maintenance. Cold starts, long periods of idling, and high engine speeds during acceleration can also contribute to wear and tear on your vehicle. Choose a top-quality service provider like Taylor Co BMW + MINI in Upland, CA for a customized maintenance schedule based on your car’s unique needs.